Friday, January 19, 2007

fancy is as fancy does.

This past weekend Seth and I went to see the New York Philharmonic perform. We saw a fantastic version of the Elgar Cello Concerto (performed by an amazing 24-year-old Alisa Weilerstein who got a bunch of ovations when she was finished). It was lovely, and was followed by a less wonderful Bruckner Symphony (I'm just not a fan of the Wagnerian pounding orchestral pieces, although the third movement was very nice).

Here is a picture of us: after dinner, after the concert, after watching the Eagles lose in a bar downtown.
You can see the pain in our faces. In my case, the pain was coming from my feet, which were trapped in stilleto heels (prompting a few guys at the bar downtown to ask me if I was a schoolteacher. Actually, i'm pretty sure it was the glasses (not pictured) as opposed to the fancy dress and heels). In Seth's case, it was the close loss. Sorry, Eagles. Next year in Jerusalem, eh?

No comments: