Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Gus Battles the Pink Monsters

So I got an ugly doll for Hannukah (thank you, andy). When I showed it to Sheena, and put it back on my bed, Gus freaked out and started stalking it. Luckily I had the presence of mind to catch it all on film. Let me reiterate - Gus was in the kitchen. He saw the doll from about twenty feet away and his tail puffed up and he got that beady look in his eye. At first I thought he was going to attack me, but then I realized his target was on the bed.
this is the ugly pink monster. Gus does not like it. He's ready to pounce.

After he'd totally freaked out and ran away, I thought that we'd be able to use the doll as an anti-cat device for the couch. So I left the doll on the couch (along with a note to Rory as to why there was a doll on his bed - Rory is allergic to cats and is staying on our couch - hence the need for an anti-cat device), but when he got home he found all three cats curled around the ugly doll. apparently they'd made friends. or at least figured out that it wasn't alive. sad. it would have been awesome.

3 comments:

Sheena said...

It was a total Lassie moment - what is it, boy? Why are you all puffed up? Is it because Claire is standing in her room in her underwear? No! It's the UglyDoll!

He puffed his tail up and was tear-assing around the place this morning, too. What a weirdo.

J said...

Wait, why do you have some dude on your couch again?
Are you running a hostel, like in that movie. Is rory gonna share the couch with Bridget? Is Rory Bridget??

Anonymous said...

why don't you try citrus like you always say i should? i'm using masking tape now to cover the corners.