Monday, February 13, 2006

start me up, if you start me up i'll never stop


Sheena and I were on our way to our soccer game yesterday (against the number one team (read here for what happened)) and who should walk onto the subway and sit across from us? none other than Michael McKean, who is awesome and has been in all of the Christopher Guest mockumentaries and is amazing. Of course, the only thing i could think of when he sat down was that he played the bad guy in Mom and Dad save the World, which is a horrible movie.

so I stare at him, then I stare at Sheena, then Sheena stares at me, stares at McKean, McKean stares at both of us. uncomfortable. for the rest of the trip I babbled incoherently, Sheena pretended to listen to what I was saying, and McKean made his young companion crack up hysterically - not really surprising.

we did not play it cool. it was a sad day for us. but very very exciting.

2 comments:

Cupcake said...

Michael McKean was honored at the Newport (RI) Film Festival this summer and thanks to my friend Tom I got to go watch him perform at the Newport Blues Club with Christopher Guest and Harry Shearer. They performed as The Folksmen and Spinal Tap. It was aweseome. But there was this weird Smallville fan there who tried to dominate the Q&A Period by asking obscure questions about Smallville. It was totally weird.

claire said...

that is indeed weird. i saw spinal tap perform a few years ago. and they had updated their costumes to inclode bald spots and pot bellies. it was maybe the best thing i've ever seen. also, my sister and i were the youngest people in the audience. by far.