Wednesday, February 01, 2006

live in the now, man!

This morning I left my iPod at home. It was charging, I forgot to put it back in my bag before I left. Very sad. So I was stuck listening to the noise and chaos that is a New York City subway during the morning commute.

There was the dude listening to music so loudly I'm surprised his eardrums weren't bleeding, the loud talkers, the usual.

And then, as I was closing my eyes for my traditional (59th to 168th street) nap, I heard the opening notes of Stairway to Heaven. Immediately in my head I played out that scene in Wayne's World in the guitar store where Wayne starts playing the nice guitar and the clerk stops him and points to the "No Stairway to Heaven" sign. So i giggle a little to myself. and then the guy plays the ENTIRE SONG. all eleventy billion minutes of it. needless to say, my nap was interrupted.

It was better than jamaican dance hall music at 8am, and I had a crazy smile on my face the whole ride. all in all, not a bad way to start the day.

party on wayne.

1 comment:

J said...

Party on "Girth"