Wednesday, February 01, 2006

way to keep a monday light

I forgot to put this up, but i think the 3 people who read this blog might appreciate the story.

On mondays we have our big lab meetings. these meetings aren't super serious, but we definitely discuss serious recruitment, data analysis, administrative stuff. so at the meeting on monday, one of my bosses was discussing things we need to do to get one of our studies ready for analysis and writing of articles.

She's talking about responsibilities we all have, and says something like, "so we all need to keep on top of our duties" or something like that. the important part is the use of the word "duty" because i start giggling to myself.

i cut the giggle short, so it came out like a snort. everyone in the meeting stops, looks at me, and Richard (the uberboss) asks what's wrong. I say nothing, paula says, "no, you rolled your eyes, do you have something to say about this?" and i reply with, "no, please, it's nothing."

of course, because my life is a movie, they won't let it go and i finally come out with, "i am 12 years old and paula said 'duty'". and Richard says, "more like 8 years old".

i start laughing hysterically and, luckily, the rest of the lab group joins in.

just another monday at behavioral medicine. hot damn i love my job.

3 comments:

Flushy McBucketpants said...

That's hilarious. I wish I'd been there.

Anonymous said...

CJ is pleased to know that he is not the only child in the family.

JGreene said...

C'mon, there are at least four of us who read your blog.

...and this is way too funny.

"Duty"

Ha!