Monday, June 19, 2006

hello velo ...or... let's pump up the volume, pump up the jams

Yesterday, as Sheena and I were returning from Lowe's with our curtains, magnetic paint, chalkboard paint, etc. (we have many projects in the works right now. our apartment is an exciting place), we passed a stoop sale on 5th ave. Now, i (and sheena as well) have been coveting a bike for quite some time. what i really wanted was an awesome old cruiser, onto which i could attach a basket and carry dogs or baguettes or cats or what have you.

And so, huzzah, as we passed the stoop sale, i saw an awesome old 3-speed cruiser (pictured to the left). i asked how much it cost, talked the guy down to an even $50, and took my new bike home! now all i need is to get a) a helmet because i will kill myself on this bike b) get a bike lock and c) i need to pump up the volume and pump up the jams. and by "volume" and "jams" i mean the front and back tires. of course.

so wish me luck, friends, on this new adventure. sheena and i will be zooming all over brooklyn now. we really need some streamers for the handles.

4 comments:

Sheena said...

I'll be sitting on the handlebars... don't forget. And we'll strap at least two cats into the rear basket.

J said...

Can I ride it? Can I ride it down the stairs?

I read an article today about men doing serious nerve-damage their testical region and how men who bike a lot should get specially designed seats.

Seth I hope you're reading this.

Mozel tov on the bike.

Anonymous said...

I can hear the themesong from "Amelie" playing now!

-just a friend

tobs said...

i worry about damage to the grapes as well. find me a link to that article, josh.