Tuesday, September 05, 2006

boy do i need a vacation from my vacation ending.

yes, yes, my friends. please remind me not to come back from vacation.

i just had the most wonderful week and a half away from the real world, and it makes it hard to come back to the land of subways and work.

my first stop was LA, where my sister and I threw my parents a 30th anniversary party, then I had two migraines. Awesome. After a week of hiking, eating, hiking, cooking, eating, sleeping, eating, and watching ultraviolet with Jackie, I headed east to New Hampshire by way of a red-eye to boston. Arriving in Nashua, New Hampshire, at the home of Sheena's Memere, I was plied with coffee and english muffins, and collected by part of the idiot brigade.

The weekend that followed was amazing. I have no pictures, as my camera died in Santa Barbara, but rest assured, there will be pictures. most probably here, here, and here.

there was a fire pit with a fire, a tent, a half-man-half-pig-dog, a very small dog, other larger dogs, six people who make me very happy, sheena's family, chickens, donkeys, a hula hoop, cards, beer, eggs... you get the picture.

Anyway, after returning from said utopia, I find myself drowning in work (not to mention the fact that i have to go home now and pack up my apartment to move this weekend) so I don't really have the time to do this vacation justice. I will try to do bits and pieces.

I will leave you with this - I would like to live in the country.

that is all.

1 comment:

J said...

I too would like to live in the country. Let's do that and stop having ambitions.
That candle shop seriously had my name on it. I think my name is "Candle Shop."

Also, it was a half-man-half pig-bear silly.