Tuesday, September 12, 2006

it's a scary, scary place.

**Sheena, this is for you!**

I finally recovered my pictures from the data card that lived in my now-defunct camera, and was just scrolling through them. Some of you may be familiar with my friend over here. His name is "The Creature", and I made him when I was, ooooh, 10ish? maybe older. maybe I was 12 or 13. I can't remember. Mom? When was The Creature born?

Anyway, I made The Creature in art class. Our assignment was to create a hybrid animal. I may have gone a little over the top. To the best of my knowledge, this is what The Creature is made of:



Head of a Lemur
Body of an Ant
Front legs of a Chicken
Back legs of a Camel
Tail of a Rat
and covered in real and faux rabbit fur.



Also, we had to decide how our animals would procreate. You will be happy to know that The Creature procreates asexually - the knobs on his head pop off and become new creatures (much like in the Gremlins).


So, my family being what it is, the creature has made the rounds of the house - hiding under covers, hiding under pillows, driving my car, sitting on my parents' toilet. usually he makes his move late at night. His back leg fell off a few years ago - so IT has been making rounds independent of the rest of the body.


You'll notice in the picture that The Creature has accumulated some props - namely goggles (which i think are warrented, because you never know when you'll need to see something under water), and a St. Patrick's Day hat (which was a nice surprise for me when I came home last. I think The Creature might have a drinking habit).

Just wanted to give you all a glimpse into the Golden world. It's a scary place. Always be on alert - The Creature is out there.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

And he misses you so much.

Anonymous said...

as a point of fact, the creature's goggles are for nightvision, so he can watch houseguests while they sleep. not for underwater adventures.

claire said...

i stand corrected. it's way scarier that way. well played. i wonder how well the creature would travel...

Caro said...

Claire, that thing is terrifying. I will be in nyc next weekend (22nd and 23rd). Will you be free?

claire said...

yes, carrie, i'll be here. I've just moved so i might be carrying lumber or fixing my bed, but you could come visit the new place - it's right on the park.

can't wait to see you!

Sheena said...

Oh mercy.

God help me, it's even scarier than I remember it to be.

Seriously, it will hawnt my dreams forever.

tobs said...

what in the name of all that is holy were you thinking posting this? i'm going to be punching myself in the neck all night to make sure i don't fall asleep and get eaten by that thing in my dreams.

J said...

I like its hat, are those things born with those? Mother Nature has strange ways.

claire said...

i think he picked up the hat from some frat boys on 2nd avenue last march. he's a total slut.

but he was born with the night-vision-goggles, obviously.