Wednesday, December 28, 2005

step one down my road to hell...


i think sheena might be the only one who reads this thing who has met my uncle rob. and i'm sorry. but step one down my road to hell is to tell you all what uncle rob is doing for new years. step two will be a picture of uncle rob in costume at rocky horror picture show. but i'd like to keep that to make sure i'm not struck down after talking about the new years plans.

so my uncle rob (my mom's sister) is a good hearted human being. he is 55 or so. he lives with my grandma. i hope he doesn't figure out that i have a blog. he's a little scary looking. although, when i saw him at hannukah dinner he'd cleaned up a bit - shaved and cut his hair - very exciting.

anyway, rob shared his plans for the new year with us, and there were tears.

apparently my uncle (who's never had a relationship with anyone lasting more than a few dates) is going to a "cuddle party". according to him, this involves singles meeting at a bar or someone's house or some place. they then "hug and cuddle" by permission only. there is also kissing, again only by permission. i think you will all understand the horror when i show you the picture of rob. needless to say, our family has talked of little else since sunday night.

that's all i got for now. i have to figure out how to scan in the photo. wish me luck.

3 comments:

J said...

Your uncle's your mom's sister? That's already pretty weird.

Cupcake said...

Wow. I love family gossip, even if it's not my own family, apparently. Where the tears shed tears of laugher or tears of sadness?

Could be worse. I have a friend who spent last New Year's at a spanking party in the city.

claire said...

wow. that was some kind of freudian slip. he's actually my mom's brother. duh. and the tears were a combination of laughter and sadness. sad laughter. tears of a clown, the usual.

hmmmmm. now i have a horrible picture of bob at a spanking party in the rocky horror costume. damn i have to scan that picture.