Monday, December 05, 2005

this reminds me of my 12th grade health class...

No, really. When Miss Leet wanted to teach us about how to use a condom, she pulled out a giant black dildo and showed us how to put on a condom. That's the first thing that came to my mind when I saw this picture.
(The Obelisk of Buenos Aires is covered with a giant condom to commemorate World AIDS Day December 1, 2005. According to a report issued by ONUSIDA (UN AIDS), the number of people infected with the HIV virus in Latin America had risen over the last year from 1.6 to 1.8 million. REUTERS/Enrique Marcarian)

The second thing that came to my mind was when, in my 12th grade health class (for ESL students), the principle was announcing the various club meetings that were happening that day, and she said that the Thespians were meeting at lunch, and one of the Jose's (I don't think it was Jose Apollo, but maybe it was) said, "oh man, they're having meetings now? that's disgusting!" and then i had to teach the many Jose's the difference between Thespians and Lesbians.

Definitely a high point in my time at a Los Angeles Unified School District high school.

1 comment:

tobs said...

it reminds me of how large my penis is. like a very tall building. getting king kong away from it was exhausting. i need a nap.