Wednesday, March 29, 2006

i think i left Something in san fransisco

I know that I have been remiss in my postage, but there have been things afoot in claire-land.

One of those things was that I got sent (most expenses paid) to a conference in San Fransisco! very exciting. All I had to do was attend a few paper presentations and stand in front of the poster I made and talk to people who asked me questions. all in all, not a bad way to earn a round trip airplane ticket and four nights at the Marriott.

I also got to hang out with my old co-worker Lina (who i replaced at my job) which was very exciting. In doing this, I had a personal/professional epiphany. i. do not. want. to be. a psychologist. hoooooboy that's scary.

yes. the time has come, my friends, for claire to start to grow up. the first step in this "growing up" is, i think, to take spanish. that makes sense, right? the second step will involve the GRE, but let's not count our chickens before they hatch, shall we? the question is - who will take spanish with me?! it'll be fun! it'll be like freshman year of college!

Oh, and I have pictures from my adventures in San Fransisco - they will be posted posthaste, fear not.

6 comments:

Flushy McBucketpants said...

I want to take spanish... but I was thinking I'd do one of those month-long intensive immergence programs... probably after I get back from New Zealand... so we're talking a ways out.

J said...

Wait, why are you taking Spanish?

claire said...

apparently being bilingual is a good thing. weird, right? apparently many ph.d. programs will pay your tuition if you speak spanish. i am trying to get a jump on that.

Dabbler said...

Wait, when were you San Fransightseeing? I was up there myself about a week ago. Did we just miss each other? Oh, and if you don't know who this is, remember this: I'm kinda medium pimpin'.

claire said...

i was there from the 22nd to the 26th. there was a conference, so i didn't get all that much sightseeing done, sadly. when were you there, dude?

and when are you leaving for the peace corps?

Dabbler said...

I ship out at the beginning of June, but I'll be back in NYC for several days in May to catch up with friends, and to throw myself a narcissistic going-away party. You in?

I was in San Fransidious on the weekend of the 25th.