Monday, April 17, 2006

once more, this time with more exposition

OK.

Last night, Sheena, Seth, Chris, Josh and I saw Lucky Number SLevin.

Man oh man was it bad. ok. no. let me amend that. the first forty minutes were ok. and then they pretty much played the first forty minutes again. with voice overs. explaining every single thing. i mean, the wrap up was as long as the movie. Also, it was trying really hard to be a mamet film, but it was not. not. not.

as seth said on our walk home, if you spent the last half of the movie pretending you were watching the Usual Suspects, it was pretty awesome. i mean, what a movie! the wrap up? fifteen seconds. and then you spent the next few days working the rest out on your own. unlike slevin. no, we had to watch the gratuitous violence twice. and then there was suffocation. it was icky.


i didn't like it.

here is a picture of my dog at home, Sasha. I like Sasha.

Also I spent the weekend in Huntington, which was very nice and fun. We spent Saturday night playing a round robin tetris tournament. my thumbs hurt a lot now. and when i close my eyes, tetrinos are falling. falling. falling to freedom.

Then I helped to hide the easter eggs. the lesson I learned (because this was my first easter) is that you should always count how many eggs you're hiding. and remember where you put them.

8 comments:

J said...

I want a dog.

Your dog maybe.

I feel as though the movie flirted with being good-from a distance. But instead was offensive and terrible and dumb and poorly filmed and insulting to all peoples and it was bad and awful. But I think I could have made it good.

tobs said...

i've always thought sasha was kind of a bitch.

Anonymous said...

What am I, a potted plant?

claire said...

sorry, kramer. the picture of you just wasn't as nice. blame mom.

oh my god. i'm responding to my dog's comment on my blog. i've reached a new level. i'm not sure if it's a high or a low.

Anonymous said...

That's no excuse. Watch your ankles the next time you are home.

J said...

Claire, that talking dog is right. Be careful and never anger him again.

tobs said...

ahem, i said the dog was a bitch. anyone? anyone?

claire said...

you're right. you're right. she's a bitch. it was good. i was kind of assuming josh would take the lead on that one. or sheena. because i am not up with the witty reparte.

but. it was well played, mister peanut.

bravo.