Tuesday, April 25, 2006

a tale of two dinners

this past saturday night saw me eating two (2) huge dinners, one right after the other. the first was at Franny's in the North Flatbush/Bergen area of Brooklyn. My cousin's husband orchestrated a surprise dinner extravaganza, and it was nice. I'd never been to Franny's before and i must say that the pizza was very tasty. And they also have vegan pizza, which is always an appetizing option for us lactose intolerants.

a mere hour later i was on my way to dinner numero dos. my friend, Tyler, bartends at a trendy steak/mussels place in tribeca called landmarc. we go there sometimes to visit and drink really good gin. tyler has also waited on jon stewart a bunch of times. (apparently he's very nice and tips extremely well. as if we needed more reasons to adore him). But I digress...

the guy who owns landmarc has opened/is opening a new restaurant called ditch plains on Bergen in the west village. this will be a seafood restaurant, named after a beach on long island, and modeled after a "montauk seafood shack" or something. so we got to go during the preview stage and have a fantastic (free) dinner. Below you will see the remains of the table.

we had: oysters on the half shell, oyster shooters, fried clams, a basket of cured meats, grits with chorizo, grits with lobster, baked mac 'n cheese, shrimp, wine, key lime pie, chocolate cake, carrot cake, and a can of whipped cream. am I missing anything?

it was amazing. I highly recommend.

needless to say, i couldn't really walk after the meal. i waddled. i wish i could get awesome free dinners every weekend. Thanks, Tyler!!

1 comment:

J said...

Life just isn't fair. I want those seafoods.

We have to do the Oyster Bar soon. Like next week.