Thursday, May 04, 2006

i hate you, lost. look what you've turned me into.

this morning. i walked into the office and said, "did anyone see lost last night?" and then i tried to kill myself because i turned into that girl who talks about tv at work. i hate that girl.

god. at least i wasn't asking if anyone had seen american idol. or grey's anatomy. because that kind of talk at work makes me want to lift up my monitor and place it squarely on my head. hard-like.

so, to my co-workers, i'm sorry that i asked if anyone watched lost (they do not. they watch american idol and grey's anatomy and reality tv).

to lost - i'm sorry baby. i didn't mean it. i was angry. please take me back.

5 comments:

Sheena said...

Yeah, I started talking about Lost a little and had to stop myself.

Talk of American Idol should be strictly prohibited in public places.

Don't they know? Don't they know how awful it is?

No deal! No deal!

Cupcake said...

I usually get asked once a day if saw some show on TV last night. This is despite the fact that I haven't owned a TV for close to two years and I tell them every day, "I don't have a TV, remember?"

Fifteen minutes later someone will walk up to my desk and say, "Hey, did you see Boston Legal last night?" I am also subjected to questions about shows that have long since been off the air like, "What was the name of that guy on thirtysomething?" or "Who was the host of Password? Was that Alan Funt?" I have to respond with, "Do you understand that I was born in 1981? Do you understand what that means?"

I am going to make a sign for my desk that says "Ask me about a book."

tobs said...

i know the answer to every question about tv. except about american idol.

claire said...

cupcake, you have so much more restraint than i do. if i didn't have a tv, how would i watch the reruns of csi every day? riddle me that!

and toby, it's important to set limits. i'm proud of you.

cc said...

That girl or not...omg Lost was really effin good on Wednesday...and surprising to boot.