Tuesday, May 23, 2006

some gems from my C train conductor this morning...

"Ladies and gentlemen, we apologize for the delay. We promise. It will never. happen. again."

"For those of you running a few minutes late, let me give you some information in case your supervisors demand it. There was a delayed C train at Utica. You can tell your supervisors that it was the 8:04 C Utica train."

"Attention Ladies and Gentlemen, this is no longer the K train. This is the C train. This train no longer goes to the Bronx. To get to the Bronx, you have to take the D train."

"Make no mistake. No buts. This. Is. Your. D Train."

"Some of you might not know what I was talking about earlier. They used to have double letter trains, the AA and the CC. Then they got rid of the AA and called it the K. It used to go from 168th to the Bronx. That's what I was talking about."

"And, as always, when you smile, the whole world smiles with you"

5 comments:

Cupcake said...

Smile, here's your t-shirt.

claire said...

that shirt is so friggin awesome. i'm buying it right now. you can't stop me. don't even try.

J said...

There's a K train!

Oh, wait. Well there should be.

I remember the time I took the Z train, I was drunk. That was weird.

Cupcake said...

I just noticed I don't have you in my sidebar. A total oversight. Please, don't send the squid to right this wrong. We can work it out without involving the calamari.

claire said...

oh cupcake, i would never send the squid. well, not the colossal squid. maybe just a large, normal one. OR maybe the big snake my mom found on her driveway yesterday. she thought it was a plank of wood. yeah. that's what i'll send.